Tuesday, July 20, 2010

So, What's New?

If you happen to have followed this blog, saw the earlier update today, and wondered "Why has No Drumlins been dormant for three-and-a-half months and then up comes this rogue post about some guy from Greenfield?"...well, I'm here to tell you.

(But first, let's be honest. There probably aren't five people out there who wondered about that, but I needed some sort of opening premise.)

As election season starts to heat up, I've decided to re-start No Drumlins as a sort of Central Mass. election wrap-up. There are a handful of blogs out there (MassBeacon, Lovers, Muggers, and Thieves to name a couple) that have been looking at local and statewide races, but none that concentrate on Central Mass. in particular.

Since I'm not doing anything else right now (note to readers: if you are looking for a writer or a benefits professional, hire me), I figured I'd put some of my time into keeping an eye on the following contests:

Senate
Middlesex and Worcester (incumbent Jamie Eldridge, D-Acton)
First Worcester (incumbent Harriette Chandler, D-Worcester)
Worcester, Hampden, Hampshire and Franklin (incumbent Stephen Brewer, D-Barre)
Worcester and Middlesex (incumbent Jennifer Flanagan, D-Leominster)

House of Representatives
Second Franklin (open seat -- currently Democratic)
First Middlesex (open seat -- currently Republican)
Third Middlesex (incumbent Kate Hogan, D-Stow)
37th Middlesex (incumbent Jennifer Benson, D-Lunenburg)
First Worcester (open seat -- currently Republican)
Second Worcester (open seat -- currently Democratic)
Fifth Worcester (incumbent Anne Gobi, D-Spencer)
Sixth Worcester (incumbent Geraldo Alicea, D-Charlton)
Eighth Worcester (incumbent Paul Kujawski, D-Webster)
Ninth Worcester (incumbent George Peterson, R-Grafton)
11th Worcester (open seat -- currently Republican)
12th Worcester (incumbent Harold Naughton, D-Clinton)
13th Worcester (open seat -- currently Democratic)
18th Worcester (incumbent Jennifer Callahan, D-Sutton)

Worcester County Sheriff (open seat -- currently Democratic)
Govenor's Council (open seat -- currently Democratic)

US Congress
First District (incumbent John Olver, D-Amherst)
Second District (incumbent Richard Neal, D-Springfield)
Third District (incumbent James McGovern, D-Worcester)
Fifth District (incumbent Nikki Tsongas, D-Lowell)

I figure that there is plenty of coverage on the statewide offices, so I'll leave those to others.

Oh, and so you know what my biases are, I am the chair of the Sterling Democratic Town Committee, have worked on local Democratic campaigns in the past, and expect to work for Democrats locally in this election cycle as well. I plan to present all of the information I can find as impartially as I can, but I do have a point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

CMassPolitics.com Copyright © 2009 Premium Blogger Dashboard Designed by SAER